USD 480 Campus Safety/Security
USD 480 takes a proactive approach when it comes to the safety and security of our students and staff. The district implements several programs and procedures to ensure the physical and psychological safety of students and staff.
USD 480 Visitor Policy
The District welcomes all visitors to our facilities. In an effort to provide increased school safety, and an opportunity to better serve our visitors, we have implemented the following visitor policy. This policy should be in affect anytime a normal class schedule is being followed and generally from 7:30 a.m. till 3:35 p.m.
- Please park in the marked VISITOR parking spaces provided just for visitors
- If no visible parking spots are available, feel free to park in the general unmarked parking spots
- Note that once you are on district property, you will be under video surveillance
- Please proceed directly to the main entrance closest to the buildings office
- This entrance is marked with a RED #1 above it
- This is the only unlocked door of the building during regular class scheduled days
- All other entrances are locked and students and staff are instructed not to open locked doors
- Once inside the building, please proceed directly to the office
- At the office, you will be asked to sign in and print name
- You will need to verify this with a photo ID
- If you need to leave the office, you will be issued a VISITOR BADGE in exchange for your photo ID
- Visitors without proper photo ID will be asked to remain in the office
- If possible, you will be escorted during your visit
- Once your visit is completed, please proceed back to the office to exchange your VISITOR BADGE and get your ID
We would like to THANK YOU for your visit and hope that you understand why we take extra precaution when visitors do enter our facilities while students are in class.
USD 480 Employees TWO SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERS (SRO)
In a joint effort with the Liberal Police Department, USD 480 has two officers assigned to our campuses. One has a permanent office at the Liberal High School where they are available and visible every day. The other shares an office at our two Junior High Schools. They both share time at the other 9 USD 480 schools. Although they are directly assigned to our schools, make no mistake, these officers are first and foremost Liberal Police Officers with the full jurisdiction of every patrol officer. Our officers have a little more latitude in helping enforce our policies. These officers also take a very proactive approach to campus security and safety. Both meet with classes and buildings regularly talking with students about these issues that have an impact on them.