Welcome to my page!
A little bit of information about me.......
- I am a native southwestern Kansan and grew up in Moscow, Kansas.
- 1982 graduate of Seward County Community College
- 1984 graduate of Panhandle State University in Goodwell, Oklahoma
- earned a masters degree from Fort Hays State University in 1996
- 1985-2003 elementary classroom teacher
I began my teaching career in a small northwest Kansas town, Herndon. In 1990, I returned to southwest Kansas and taught in the Stanton County School system for thirteen years.
I was middle school principal for one year at Stanton County and then I had the opportunity to be an alternative high school principal in Elkhart, Kansas for three years.
- 2007-present district leadership
For five years, I was superintendent of the Hope and White City schools. In 2012, I returned to southwest Kansas to work in U.S.D. 480 as the assistant superintendent and then deputy superintendent. Now I am extremely proud to be the superintendent for the Liberal school system!
- I have been married for several years to a great guy and have two wonderful children.
- Three spoiled but awesome dogs--Cocoa, Sadie and Keela--rule the Hickert roost.
- I love to read actual books--not books on a Kindle or a Nook.
- Diet Dr. Pepper rocks! A great steak once in a while never hurts either!
- John Wayne movies and MASH reruns are my idea of fun! An occasional trip to Colorado is a close second.
- I love living and working in Liberal.